Oxfam developed the design specifically for the storage and treatment of drinking water in rugged environments
Commonly known as “Oxfam Tanks” Evenproducts offer a sectional steel, demountable tank with three main components: cylindrical rigid water tank constructed from steel sheets (curved and corrugated), EPDM liner and foldable PVC roof). The Oxfam style Tank differs from Evenproducts’ standard industrial tanks in the following ways:
- Agency specified heavyweight 1.25mm EPDM liner which is scrim reinforced;
- There are only 4 standard nominal tank capacities (11m3, 45m3, 70m3 and 95m3);
- Agency specific kit lists.
Oxfam Tanks are used by many humanitarian agencies in emergency response following a disaster, or for situations when treated water needs to be stored. The main advantages of Oxfam Tanks are:
- Tried-and-tested kits – Has been supplied in humanitarian responses since the 1970s.
- Ideal for building semi-permanent water distribution infrastructure for camps. When erected careful and maintained, tanks can remain serviceable for decades.
- Can also be used for settlement and treatment purposes.
- Can be joined together easily to create an integrated system.
The 45m3, 70m3 and 95m3 tanks (generally referred to as T45, T70 and T95) have the same diameter, therefore the steels are interchangeable and they utilise the same roof kit. The T45 is 2 steel rings high, the T70 is 3 steel rings high and the T95 is 4 steel rings high.
The Oxfam Tank should be set up on a raised area (higher ground or constructed platform) to allow water flow by gravity through distribution lines. Raised areas must be carefully constructed taking into account weight of the tank and ground conditions. Please note, where the tank is to be installed on a concrete base, an anchor bolt kit is required.
The standard Oxfam Tank range includes the following nominal capacities; 11m3, 45m3, 70m3 and 95m3. However, other sizes are available on request either using a similar design approach to the Oxfam Tank, or to an alternative specification.
Good Quality Design and Manufacture from Evenproducts
Evenproducts is a premier manufacturer of steel water storage tanks for Emergency water, agricultural and horticultural water storage. We take quality control very seriously and hold ISO9001 certification. Evenproducts’ engineers ensure that steel tanks are designed with sufficient strength to hold large capacities of cold water safely.
Need prices or advice?
Please call or use this form to get prices or request a callback. During office hours, we can often respond immediately.
Please call us: +44 (0)1386 760 950
We are ready to answer any questions you may have.