Emergency Aid – Personal Emergency Toilet
A temporary toilet specifically for large-scale humanitarian emergencies where previous facilities are not viable and urgent sanitation control is needed to reduce disease spread.
Available in two versions depending on the cultural norms of the community who will use them.
For distribution to families with other family essentials (blankets, kitchen sets). Useful for women and children to use within the family-shelter, especially at night if there are security concerns.
PERSONAL EMERGENCY TOILET – KEY ADVANTAGES
Improves safety – users can avoid visiting latrine areas at night
Facilitates sanitation control – human waste contained
Deployed fast – can be pre-positioned for 2 years
- Personal security—the PET can be used within family area if desirable
- Can be used for sitting or squatting depending on cultural norms
- Can keep local environment clean—control waste and reduce disease spread
- No odours
- Perfect hygienic solution—each user has own liner with pad (single use item)
- Improves security and dignity of the beneficiary
- Can be pre-positioned and deployed immediately
- Can be used to accommodate the needs of large groups of people quickly
- Safer for field collection/disposal teams—contents are ‘stable’ and controlled